Thursday 24 March 2011

Ancillary Task - Designing my poster

After looking at other examples such as film posters I have come up with my first idea.

I want to use this image within the poster accompanied by another including the three characters in the drama. I have choosen this image of an empty car to symbolise isolation. I want the viewers of this poster to question why the car has an importance within the drama and why it is empty with its doors open.



I wanted the picture to be more focussed on the car itself rather than the surroundings so I cropped the image. I then increased the contrast and decreased the brightness to create a bigger impact on the overal image.




I felt that the editing I had done wasn't enough to give impression that I wanted, so I decided to manipulate the image even more. I clicked on the black and white tab in adjustments and selected a preset called Maximum White. This changed the the black and white colours which give a sense of mystery and darkness which relates the the radio drama itself





I also used this image below of the three characters in the radio drama. I have choosen this to help the audience identify with the characters and the drama and as this poster is being released 4 weeks before airing it will encourage young people to listen to the drama.



I cropped the image and adjusted the brightness and contrast




I wanted this image to match the one with the car so I also changed the image to black and white


No comments:

Post a Comment