Tuesday 29 March 2011

Ancillary Task 2 - Double Feature Page

I have decided that i would like my feature page within a copy of The Radio Times. I have choosen this because it is a very popular print which can be aimed at a range of different ages, including my target market. I believe that my radio drama will have more chance of success if it is featured in this print as more people will view it.


I have searched Radio Times feature pages on google and found these two examples above. I have noticed that both feature pages use bright colours in order to attract the audience and striking photos. Both examples also use a combination of text and images in many different ways to ensure that the features are visually pleasing. When designing my feature page I would like to include the same conventions as The Radio Times uses within their feature pages.

This image above is a feature article which was published in The Radio Times. It is an article which is promoting a radio drama. As you can see, this feature has included a very large image of the characters within the radio drama. The three characters are looking directly into the camera. This promotes the drama as it enables the audience to identify with the characters and helps them visualize the story when they get round to listening to the radio drama itself. The feature uses a variety of text and images. As I want my double feature page to appeal to young people such as myself, I will use limited text and use a wide variety of different images to make it visually pleasing.


This image above is a double page feature which was in The Radio Times. I really like this feature as it is attrative and really catches my attention. As I am a young person, and I like this feature, I think that this idea will appeal very well to other people my age (my target audience). I have noticed that this feature has included a "behind the scenes" section. This allows the audience to see beyond the production of the drama and see into the peoples lives who play the characters. I think that this will work extremely well, especially if the actors are well known and famous.

Looking at this image has helped me come up with some basic ideas for my own double page feature spread. Here is my first idea for my double page feature spread. I designed this lay out on te computer and this is how I plan the feature to look.




I need to take into consideration the timing of release for my feature page spread. I have decided that I would like this feature to be published one week before the radio drama is first aired. I think that this is a suitable time because the readers of this article will still be interested and eager to listen to the drama after reading the article

No comments:

Post a Comment