Tuesday 3 May 2011

Final Changes - Newspaper Advert

I asked people within my target audience what they thought of my poster which I designed for my radio drama, and would also be published in the radio times and popular news papers.
Many people thought that the use of two images was very confusing and that the bottom image was misleading in relation the content of the drama. Most people thought that there was way too much going on in the poster and that I should use only one image.  A lot of people liked the image of the car with the look of blood. Therefore, I have decided to use that as my single image.
Also, in my feedback, many people thought that the BBC Radio 4 logo looked basic and unprofessional and thought  that it would improve the over all poster if the logo was transparent.
Some people commented on the text used within the poster and said that some parts were difficult to read (those in white).

This audience feedback has helped me in many ways as it will enable me to reach my target audience even more and as a media institution give the audience what they want from certain products.


What and How I Improved the advert

First of all, using InDesign I removed the image of the characters as it didn't relate to the content of the drama. Instead I used this one single image for a eye catching effect. Using the tool box, I then created a black filled box at the top of the page.


I then placed this image to replace the existing logo with the white background. Many people (including myself) thought that the one used before didn't look very professional as it stood out, having a negative effect on the over all poster. I created this image by first of all searching the bbc radio 7 logo in Google.co.uk. I then opened Photoshop and selected the wand tool. I selected the white part of the logo (the background) and then made it transparent. Afterwards I placed it into Indesign and decided on the location of the logo. I felt that the logo should be in the bottom right hand corner as it is noticable but not distracting attention from other elements of the poster.


I wanted to include a bloog drip effect on my poster as I think this will interest the audience and make them think what the content of the radio drama is. First of all I searched this on Google.co.uk. I needed the background of this image to be black. So, I opened up Photoshop and selected the white background of the image using the wand tool. I selected the layer tab, new fill layer and Solid colour (black.)





This is the edited image which I then placed into Indesign.



I removed writing which was hard to see and replaced it with a clearer and shorter sentence as the audience felt there was too much going on in the previous design. I kept the reviews and 5 stars as I have seen other posters use this convention and it looks professional. Although, I did change the font from bold to regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment