Sunday 17 April 2011

Ancillary Task 2 - Designing My Feature Page

After researching into many different feature pages, I have decided that I want to include a "behind the scenes" section. This section is going to focus on the actors themselves, discussing the production of the up coming release, their experiences and a peek into their own lives. Again, I have to consider my target audience, which is young people aged 18 to 25. Therefore, I want to include "fun" images of the actors to keep the readers interested.
Here are a few ideas for images that I could possibly use to portray the young actors.


Firstly I took these photos, cropped them and "Auto Coloured" them in Photoshop.

After looking at existing features in the Radio Times, I designed a layout, followed it and my own feature page began to look like this.
I felt that a strong bold colour was needed in order to attract the audience, and decided that i neeeded more red within the feature. Therefore, I decided to use the other version of the car image.

After altering the colours on the page and including the edited images I think that this feature page works very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment